Kia Ora AC,
We pray you are well; especially those who are in the Auckland region. We thank you for the tremendous effort during level 4 lockdown over an extended period of time. Ngā mihi Tamaki Makaurau.
GOVT. announced the following Covid-19 (Delta variant) today:
- Auckland will move to Alert Level 3 at 11.59pm on Tuesday, September 21st
- Auckland to remain at Alert Level 3 for at least two weeks after the move
- If you are in the area of Whakatiwai & Miranda are in bespoke Alert Level 4; (please check Covid-19 website for further information).
- The rest of the country remains at Alert Level 2
- AC Auckland Campus (Penrose) and Youth Guarantee sties based within Auckland region remain closed at Alert Level 3 under GOVT guidelines
- AC Campuses’ based outside of the Auckland region are open under Alert Level 2 guidelines
Students and staff who return to campus outside of the Auckland region must adhere to mandatory face mask wearing, social distancing and contact tracing (QR code or sign in) are compulsory.
Kia Kaha Tamaki Makaurau (Auckland), we are in this together.
Your health and wellbeing are important to us, our AC pastoral care team are working hard to ensure you are all keeping well during this time.
If you need academic support please talk to your lecturer or college dean (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you would like someone to talk to or prayer; please contact Leeana on email@example.com, Steve on firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ruth on email@example.com and we will get in touch. We invite you to join us every Tuesday for Chapel at 10.40am; follow the link:
Meeting ID: 830 6386 6639
The Ministry of Health continues to remind everyone to please remain vigilant and stick to the basics:
- If you’re sick, stay home. Do not go to work or school. Do not socialise.
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, call your doctor or Healthline on 0800 358 5453 and get advice about getting tested.
- If you have been told to self-isolate, you legally must do so immediately.
- In an emergency always call 111.
Things change quickly so stay up to date by following the links below:
For health advice, please refer to the Ministry of Health’s website.
Please continue to check the Ministry of Health’s locations of interest page to find out if you might have been exposed to COVID-19 COVID-19: Contact tracing locations of interest | Ministry of Health NZ
For cross-agency information about COVID-19, including what support is available, health advice, and travel restrictions visit the All-of-Government website https://www.govt.nz/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/
For resources in Te Reo Māori, visit https://covid19.govt.nz/updates-and-resources/translations/te-reo- maori/
For information to support Pacific communities, visit https://www.facebook.com/MinistryforPacificPeoples/
For resources in sign language and easy read formats
.To keep updated on travel restrictions and visa information visit https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about- us/media-centre/news-notifications/coronavirus-update-inz-response
Advice for international students in NZ https://naumainz.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/help-and- advice/healthcare/the-coronavirus-what-you-need-to-know